Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The 2nd Trip to the Zoo

Grandma, my mom, came to visit last week before we left for vacation. We decided to utilize our family pass and take a trip back up to the Dallas Zoo. We had a really great time, and Isabelle was happy to share the experience with Grandma and great Aunt Kelly.



These are pictures of Isabelle and a termite mound. I had seen a show about how termites make these mounds, it is basically regurgitated food that the termites spit up to make there home. I was pretty grossed out by it all but Isabelle jumped right up there and asked me to take her pictures. Of course my mom egged the behavior on and made her hug the thing.. ewww!


The zoo was so hot that day, that once we left we headed over to Sonic for happy hour. What an experience that was! I ordered my drink and put it in the cup holder next to me. When I took it out to get a drink it started to leak all out of the bottom through a small hole. I was trying to keep the small hole covered while taking off my seat belt, and trying to push the button to get a new cup at the same time. Once the lady FINALLY brought me a new cup I cleaned myself and the truck and headed down the road. I then lifted up my cup to find the cause of the hole in the cup. It was a pin from Isabelle's home depot apron that did not have the back on it. I stuck my drink right on top of it TWICE! As I am holding the drink the lid pops off and I spill about 38 of the 44 oz. all over myself and the truck. This was not a "happy hour" kind of day.

No comments: