Sunday, June 7, 2009

Basketball

I don't know what is coming over me, but I am beginning to get more and more forgetful. I realized last week that I forgot my stepmother's birthday LAST MONTH! Then Saturday morning I almost completely forgot about Isabelle's first day of basketball. The morning started off so good, Isabelle woke up a little late, came and crawled in our bed and we all laid there watching cooking shows. We finally decided to get out of bed and get some breakfast, sat down with a bowl of cereal when it dawned on me that Isabelle had basketball at 10:15! It was currently 10:13! I had never seen my family snap into action that quick, but we got dressed and where at the YMCA within 15 minutes (that's a miracle).

When we got there I think that Isabelle was a little frazzled by the quick action and freaking out parents that she has just experienced because she did not want to participate. Dave and I finally managed to talk her into playing a little and she ended up having a great time. Huge coincidence is that Isabelle's good friend Jonah was also in her class. At the end of the class they had all of the kids get into a circle and they would practice passing the ball to one another. Jonah went to pass the ball to Isabelle and it bounced and hit her in the head. We all know what a drama queen she is so she immediately started crying and then the sweetest thing happened, Jonah cried too. What a sweet little man, he was so worried that he hurt Isabelle on accident. After many tears and pouting from both team mates they finally got back in the game and played.




After basketball we headed over to Home Depot for the kid project they have on the first Saturday of the month. The project was a tool organizer for Father's Day. Isabelle and Dave had a great time putting it together, some father daughter bonding time. They even gave Isabelle a little apron and a pin to put on the apron when she completed the project. It was really neat & might I add free!

No comments: