Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th of July

What a busy day for us all, and Isabelle got to experience to 1st in one day. She rode the "school bus" (that is what Isabelle calls the city bus), and she saw fireworks. In the afternoon Isabelle, Dave and I went to the boardwalk and ate lunch. Isabelle ate just about an entire piece of Tony's pizza, and trust me when I say they have HUGE pieces. We then walked down the boardwalk and took the bus back. The whole time on the bus she was saying, "I'm on a school bus, and I'm fine". Now all she can talk about is riding on the school bus, and how she will be fine (I guess she thinks we are concerned that something will happen to her). Once it started getting closer to dark we headed back to the boardwalk to ride some more rides before the big show. Isabelle took her Naked Baby (that's one of her baby's name) on a bunch of rides.




After the rides it was time for fireworks. I have been to Ocean City two other times but have never been here for the fireworks, and I have to say it is AWESOME! The setup a stage on the beach off of the boardwalk, and a band plays while you wait for the fireworks to start. Unfortunately, we were expecting a bunch of rain so the band did not play, it was a safety hazard with the electricty and everything. The fireworks were not scheuled to go off until 9:30 but someone made the decision to go ahead with them at 8:30 in order to miss the rain. That was a very wise decision because the rain came pouring down about 5 minutes after they were all done. Anyways back to the fireworks, Isabelle loved them! I thought Isabelle would be scred but she kept yelling for more fireworks. They were so close to us that we were getting hit with flying debri on ocassion. I have never been that close, it was amazing...

Pop Pop and Isabelle watching the fireworks, sorry the pic with Isabelle and me is so blurry I don't know what happened

No comments: