Saturday, February 7, 2009

Monday- Day 1 of Relaxation



It is strange, but until this vacation I had actually forgotten what it was like to go to the bathroom all by myself. What a weird sensation not tugging a 3 year old behind you. (Ok, not going to call her 3 anymore I still have have a good 13 days of the two year old life.. boo hoo)

We arrived in Jamaica on Sunday and had a great dinner at the Jerk Beach on the Ritz property. It was kind of a quite night I think everyone was settling down after a day of traveling. We were also trying to get to know one another. As I mentioned in my last post Dave won the trip from work for all of the hard work he does, so there were an additional 27 couples there as well who won. They came from all over the world, so there were not to many familiar faces.

Monday was the beginning of all of the relaxing that was to take place. We started off by waking up ALL MY OURSELVES. No alarm clocks, no "Mommy it's light outside", just woke up as we did before we had a child. It was sooo weird! After waking up we hurried to get dressed so that we could take advantage of breakfast before it was gone. This is when I knew that I was going to be spoiled, as we sat on the patio of the restaurant eating breakfast while a Jamaican man sung to us. Since coming home I have tried to convince Dave that I need him to sing to me to truly enjoy my meal, but I guess he doesn't care because he refuses to do it.

After breakfast we relaxed by the pool. The goal for the day was to get as many pictures as we could from the comfort of our lounge chairs =)