Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bad Dog year for the Wink =(

As some of you may already know we had to get rid of one of our dogs at the beginning of the year because she was starting to get very aggressive toward Isabelle. We hated to get rid of her and it was really hard, but Isabelle means more to us then our dog. As awful as that may sound.

On Friday Tootsie, our other dog, started limping and laying around a lot. We thought maybe she had just hurt her foot so thought that we would give her the weekend to get over it. Monday we took her to the vet and they think she may have torn her ACL in her knee. They wanted $450 to do X-Rays and sedate her to insure that it is in fact her ACL. Ugghh! It seems like everyone and their mamma wants money, and HELLO I QUIT MY JOB.. I HAVE NO $$$ So we opted to give her some pain medicine/anti inflammatory medicine and see if it gets better. (Which still cost us $215) Can you believe that this dog that shed's all over my house, scratches my front door, digs up my back yard, and sneaks things outside is now costing me more $$. The bad part is that I actually feel bad for her, what is wrong with me. I guess I just cannot bear to see that poor mutt limping around in pain, it is just so sad.

So we should know in a week if the pain medicine worked or if it is the ACL. If it is the ACL then that means surgery, a $2000-$3000 surgery!! Oh man, oh man!

No comments: