Friday, March 28, 2008

Pee Pee

Okay, so Dave and I are pretty new at this parenting thing and have never potty trained before. How in the heck do you teach a kid to go in the potty. We know that Isabelle is super smart and she is showing all kinds of signs of being ready to go in the big potty. She loves to sit on the toilet, she tells you when she is wet or poopy, and the other day I went to get her up from her nap and she was sitting on top of the changing table with her diaper off, wipes all of the place and the room smelled of baby lotion. I do not think that the kid could be more ready.

So last night we went to Target and made a big deal about Isabelle getting big girl panties. Yeah! Let me tell you now, the kid looks adorable in big girl panties.. Oh so cute! We decided that we would start trying to potty train this weekend, but I really want to use the old type of cloth training pants (apparently they are hard to find). Anyways, Isabelle gets home and wants to put on the big girl panties, I explain to her that she has to tell Mommy and Daddy when she wants to go potty. I took her to the potty and put her on. You should see the look on her face, she is grinning from ear to ear and is so proud of her self. I keep asking her do you need to go pee pee, she says yeah and then wipes and flushes the toilet. (She still has not pee pee'd in the potty at this point) She then gets off the potty seat and starts to climb back on, when she starts to pee pee. It was hilarious, you should have seen the look on her face she was so shocked and clueless as to what just happened. This is when it dawned on me that she has no clue what pee pee is... LOL Well she slips and falls on the pee pee, starts crying and Mommy has to hold her. The adventure ends with Mommy and Isabelle covered in pee pee and NONE in the potty!!

If I can find the cloth training pants today I will try it out again this weekend. What a mess, literally!

No comments: