Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Girl is Smart

So tonight Dave and I were trying to show Isabelle how to hold up 2 fingers, for her age. She keeps holding up three of them (pointer, middle and thumb). We worked with her for a few minutes when she said, "I haven't figured it out yet Daddy". We showed her again, but she kept holding up the three fingers and told us, "this is fine Mommy". So it looks like I am going to have to settle for her holding up three fingers instead of the two.

Most of our dinners turn into a negotiation when it comes to Isabelle eating. I always have to tell her to eat two more bites and then I will give her some sort of surprise. So tonight at dinner she spouted off and said, "Mommy, I will make you a deal. You no cry, and I will play with you". Wow, thanks Isabelle!! Now I know that I am negotiating her way to much, when she starts trying to work out deals of her own.

No comments: