Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More on San Fransisco

I finally uploaded the rest of my pictures from San Fransisco so I thought I would share =) One night Dave and I got reservations for a restaurant called The Stinking Rose, we saw it on the Food Network and had to try it out. Everything in the restaurant is centered around garlic. It was pretty neat but I think you could smell our breath all the way back in Texas when we were done. Here are some pictures and what we ate while we were there. www.thestinkingrose.com

Here is a picture of the appetizer that we had the Bagna Calda.

Our Appetizer- The Bagna Calda
Garlic soaking in a hot tub
Garlic cloves, oven-roasted in extra virgin olive oil and butter with a hint of
anchovy. A wonderful treat for spreading on our house-baked focaccia bread.
Served at your table in an iron skillet.

Dave's meal:
Garlic Roasted Prime Rib
100% USDA certied prime, Midwestern beef
Served with Garlic Yukon Gold mashed potatoes and creamed Swiss chard

My meal:
Forty Clove Garlic Chicken roasted on the bone (actually served with 40 cloves of garlic)
Served with Garlic Yukon Gold mashed potatoes

For desert, you will never believe this one:
GARLIC ICE CREAM- I personally thought it was as nasty as it sounds, but Dave actually liked it.
_______________________________
The next night we went to a really cool place that I learned about through one of our taxi cab drivers. I know it is going to sound a little weird but it was a Transexual Show. It was at a placed called AsiaSF, it was a little like the movie Bird Cage. The food was absolutely wonderful, and the show was pretty neat. It was so funny because we were sitting right next to the stage the "girls" kept picking on Dave, rubbing their fingers through his hair. Here is a shot that I got if him just before he started to ask me to switch seats with him. http://www.asiasf.com/index.php

The place was a blast, we had a lot of fun. It was definitely part of the whole San Fransisco experience.

No comments: