Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Thoughtful little girl

I have to say that I was so proud of Isabelle this Christmas. I always wonder if we are raising her right, if we are teaching her how to be a good person and she confirmed it for me yesterday. I have to say that Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday, and nothing brings me greater joy than Isabelle opening her presents. Dave and I decided that we wanted to enjoy every moment of watching Isabelle open her presents so we waiting on opening ours. Isabelle excitement grew with every present she opened, she was just so pleased. All of the sudden she stopped and asked, "where are your presents Mommy and Daddy?" How sweet of her to stop right in the middle of all of the magic to take note that Daddy and Mommy weren't opening presents. We explained that we were waiting for her to open hers first, but how thoughtful. What an angel!

Isabelle also carefully picked out present this year for both Mommy and Daddy. While shopping with me she decided that she needed to get Daddy something for Christmas, whiskers! Let me explain, Isabelle loves for her Daddy to make her pancakes on the weekends. When he makes them he uses one of her "special cups" and always whisks them with what she calls "whiskers" (your average whisk). So she decided that Daddy needed new whiskers for Christmas to make her pancakes. Daddy was out of town when we bought them and Isabelle is HORRIBLE at keeping secrets so when Daddy called you better believe that he could hear her yelling in the background, "I got you whiskers Daddy, I got you whiskers". When we got home she wrapped them and made a name tag special for Daddy. Here is her wrapping job, I guess she didn't take in to account that you could see through the side of the present =)


When it came time for Isabelle to get a present for Mommy she was once again very thoughtful! Dave asked her what she wanted to get Mommy, she said clothes but later narrowed it down to pajamas. So Dave and Isabelle are in the pajamas section of Target when the run into thermal underwear for women. Isabelle asked Dave what they were and he told her they were things that you wear under your clothes to keep warm. Isabelle explained, "Ohhhh, warm pajamas, Mommy need those". Dave claims to have tried to talk her out of those and into something different but it didn't work. So for Christmas I recieved a lovely pair of thermal underwear. I tried to go along with the whole thing and wear them last night but I cannot express to you how unattractive thermals are. Seeing as how we are trying to make a baby, the last thing I need is thermal underwear! So we went and exchanged them for some different ones that Isabelle helped Mommy pick out =) LOL... I love Dave and Isabelle they are the best!

No comments: