Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The things that really matter

With the hustle and bustle of life we start to loose sight on what really matters most to us in this world. We worry about picking out the perfect gift for everyone on our list, getting our Christmas cards out, paying the bills, and what we are going to wear tomorrow.

I found out today that a very close friend of the family died yesterday in a fatal car accident. All of the regular worries I have about my day to day life are gone and reality strikes me that I am so grateful to have my family. My beautiful daughter, loving husband, our health, our safety, and a roof over our heads. Who cares about whether or not you get the latest and greatest whatever for Christmas, when you still have each other. I would give up everything I have without a moment of hesitation to be with the people I love.

As you are getting wrapped up, stressed out, and overwhelmed with the Christmas season remember what really matters in life, the rest is just details!

Mark you will be missed by many!
http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/johnsoncounty/local_story_350133020.html?keyword=topstory

No comments: