Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Little Drama Queen

I have a bunch to catch up on with the blog, sorry I have just been so busy lately.I wanted to share just a few things that have taken place in the last couple of weeks with my little drama queen.

First, we will start with my first "child says something incredibly embarrassing" incident at the store. I have been so blessed that Isabelle really hasn't said anything embarrassing yet in public, usually whatever she says can somehow be interpreted as being cute. We were at Target shopping and I was of curse looking at the clearance rack in the kid department when Isabelle yelled, "Mommy, Mommy I am scared of that monster" as she clings to my leg. I asked her what she just said and of course she repeated it, but just a little louder. "What monster", and she points at this "little person" (midget) not sure of the PC term. I was so embarrassed and of course he was only standing a few feet away from us. What do you do at this point? I can't make her apologize because she is scared and has no idea what she said was wrong. I don't want to apologize because I have no idea if he really heard or not (pretty sure he probably did). All I could do is explain to her that everyone is special in their own way and that God made us all different. A couple of days later at Chili's what do we see, another little person. I mean come on what is the chances of two little people in one week, crazy! It was embarrassing at the moment but I am sure will make for a good story as she get's older.

My second Diva moment was yesterday at Tom Thumb. Isabelle had a little stuffed dog with her in the shopping cart. When we were leaving I told her,"don't forget your dog". She went to look for it and of course it was gone! Oh my God you would have thought that the dog was real or something. She starts screaming, "my dog", crying huge crocodile tears and was sooooo upset. The bagger immediately freaks out and offers to help look for it. He runs to customer service and no one has turned it in. He then tells me he is going to walk the aisles and asked what it looks like. I explain to him that it is really not a big deal it is just a toy from a happy meal at Wendy's! He runs off to start looking and Isabelle announces that she wants to look to. As we are walking up and down the aisles she is crying and saying, "I'm so sorry dog". I finally tell her that we can't find him so we will just have to get her another toy one day. "Mommy, please don't stop looking. Don't give up Mommy". Oh my gosh, what a nightmare! I finally get her out of the store in one piece, call Dave and tell him that we are going to Wendy's for dinner tonight to replace a dog. When we get to Wendy's they have a display box with all of the toys offered and she runs up to the dog in the display and says, "I am so sorry" as she pets the box. What a drama queen! Of course they are out of the dogs, so apparently we are going to be eating at Wendy's a lot until we replace the priceless, precious, 38 cent toy!

Third and final Diva moment (at least that last one for this post). Yesterday Isabelle walks up to me hands me her juice box and says, "I am ready for happy hour now". I now know that I partake in Sonic's happy hour way to much =)

No comments: