Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 5- The Boardwalk

One of the best places to go in Ocean City is the Boardwalk for so many reasons, the food, the games, the rides, the food (did I already say that). Anyways, on Tuesday we decided to take Isabelle down to the boards to ride some rides. Last year when we took her we traumatized her by making her ride a ride called "the whip". This was one of Dave's favorite rides when he was little and Isabelle absolutely HATES it! So the whole way there she told us how she did not want to ride the whip. Once there she had a blast riding all of her favorites from last year and a few new rides as well.

A huge tire outside of Ripley's Believe it or Not, she just loves tires.

(This is so cute, I was giving Isabelle a thumbs up and she decided to hold up one finger instead of her thumb. I have been working with her and she can now do thumbs up)

I cannot believe how big she is getting . At one point Dave was standing in line with her, once it was her turn he was going to come and stand with me while she rode. Instead Isabelle turns to Dave and says, "Dad go stand with Mommy, I will be fine". Apparently she is so big now that she doesn't need a grown up to stand with her anymore. Then she said that there was no way she was going to ride a roller coaster. As she got on an airplane ride Dave asked me if he should tell her that this ride was similar to a roller coaster, I told him not to tell her. The first thing she said when she got off was, " that was just like a roller coaster". She then decided that she wanted to ride a real roller coaster, what a big girl! Dave told her that she was suppose to scream and put her hands in the air, putting her hands in the air seemed to dangerous to her so she just screamed =)


It was all fun and games until Isabelle decided that she wanted to get on a race car ride that she saw. Dave and I should have watched it to make sure we knew what the ride did before we let her on it, because apparently it is just like the dreaded whip. She rode around 2 times until she started balling. I had to have the operator stop the ride, thank God she was the only one on it.

As we were leaving Isabelle wanted some cotton candy so we stopped and bought her a bag. She reached in and grabbed a bite and then I grabbed the bag to take a bite myself. As I reached in the bag I noticed a little brown speck. As I started to look into the bag I noticed two ROACHES! OMG, I almost threw up. As we took the candy back and told the cashier about the roaches she actually asked if I would like a different one. Let me think, I am not a big fan of roaches do you have any with crickets?? Duh, I just want my money back. We walked further down the boards and paid a little more for some bug free cotton candy.

2 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I have been reading your blog for a while. Your pictures (and family) are beautiful!

Ocean City is one of my favorite places to spend the summer. The Boardwalk is the best...although I will now be on the look out for roaches. ;) Thanks for the heads up! ;)

Jaime said...

i just love all these vacation stories - she is too big! and roaches? i would of died!