Friday, August 14, 2009

Swim Lessons are finally over

We finally finished our last two week sessions yesterday and I am so happy. My little girl is a much better swimmer but also because I am sooo tired of driving all the way to Plano everyday. Enough about me Isabelle was definitely the star of the day. The past two weeks she has not complained about swim classes once time as a matter of fact even ask last Saturday why we weren't going. I was so relieved that this time it was more fun for her, that is until this Tuesday. Tuesday was the first day that they started going of the diving board again, I could hear her yelling, "No, No, No". It was so sad, but I knew it was for the better. Mrs. Margaret being the tyrant that she is just kept yelling at her to Knock it off.. LOL The woman is so sympathetic to kids fears, I just love it =) You may think that this is torture (and it kind of is), but the whole point of having them go off the board is to ensure that if for some reason they were curious and dove off when no one was looking that they could swim back to the side by themselves. She also teaches the kids how to get out the pool without the steps or stairs just using the side of the pool. Isabelle is like her mommy and likes to calculate the risk factors in her head, so I don't think she would ever do anything crazy at the pool. Just in case she has a lapse of judgment I can sleep easy knowing that she could (hopefully) make it out the pool or swim to the side.

Locky, Locky, arms up high before having them swim between teachers

Off the diving board

Isabelle with Mrs. Margaret, her report card and M&M's.

No comments: