Friday, November 7, 2008

Flu Shot

Last year was the only year that I did not get my flu shot, only because I never found the time. Low and behold I get the flu on Christmas day, oh it was the worst! This year I made the time to get everyone our flu shots!

Dave and I got ours at Tom Thumb, but Isabelle was not old enough to get hers there so I took her to CVS. Before we went to CVS I talked to Isabelle about the getting the shot, and for some reason she was under the impression that it would tickle and she was going to laugh. Who am I to tell her she was wrong, so I just went along with it. Of coure once she actually got the shot she quickly realized that she was not going to laugh, and it did not tickle. I have to say that Isabelle has a history of being a bit of a drama queen and this was no different. The nurse told us that we needed to stay in the store for a little while to make sure that Isabelle did not have a reaction. So Isbaelle gets up and starts limping around, makes it out the door of the Minute Clinic and sees a chair. Then she turns to me and says, "my flu shot hurt me, let's sit down and lax my leg for lil bit".. LOL So we had to sit down, while she ate her sucker and relaxed her leg for a little while. After about 10 minutes she was able to get up and limp around the store for a little while.

The funny thing is on Halloween while out and about Isabelle had to go potty. The closest place was CVS, so we stopped there. As soon as we pulled up Isabelle yelled, " I don't want a flu shot". I am not sure when the memory of the bad trip to CVS will diminish.

No comments: