Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Word on the Streets

Yesterday, Isabelle and I went to Jump N Land to meet with our playgroup. I was a little disappointed that we were the only ones that showed up, but we had fun anyway. Isabelle loves bounces houses and especially the big slides.

After Jump N Land we went home for a nap. Of course Isabelle did not sleep, but when I went to get her up for dance class she says to me, "Hey mom, what's the world on the streets". I could not believe what I just heard, my 2 year old daughter is speaking Ebonics. I looked at her puzzled, "I don't know Isabelle, what is the word on the streets?" " The word of the day is SKY", she answered. Oh thank goodness the word of the streets means the word of the day. I later found out that Sesame Street has a little video at the beggining of each show called, ' Word on the Street'. Today's word is Expert!

No comments: