Sunday, November 1, 2009

Brooktone Fall Festival

I have to say that we the Social Committee really outdid ourselves at the Fall Festival this year, we had soo much stuff planned. We did kind of a carnival style festival with small games for the little kids, games for the bigger kids, Trunk or Treat, pumpkin pie and glow in the dark necklaces. There was a lot of preparation for getting ready for the event and Isabelle decided that she had to help. She is getting so big and wants to help with absolutely everything, good part is that if you give her a small task many times she can actually be productive =) Dave, Isabelle and I had to make some goody bags for the kids and Isabelle's job was to put two pieces of candy in the bag, pass it to Dad so he could put two additional pieces and then I tied it. It was hilarious, Isabelle would put her pieces in and then carefully watch Daddy to see what pieces he was putting in. A couple of times Daddy got yelled at for putting her favorite kind in, so we had to explain to her that it was for the community party. She helped for about 30 minutes and then her attention span was spent and it was on to bigger and better things.

At the festival Dave and I seem to run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to make sure that everything runs smoothly. With so many games and things going on it seemed like both of us were running a little thin. The bad thing about these events is Isabelle really suffers the consequences of Mommy running it because neither one of us can spend much time with her letting her participate in on the fun. So Dave was "watching" Isabelle while running the Pass the Pumpkin game (like musical chairs), and I was trying to serve up pumpkin pie. I stepped away to go check on Dave and Isabelle and went to were I last saw them and asked someone where Dave and Isabelle were. The answer I got was, "umm, they actually just left to go look for you". So as I am walking around looking for thw TWO of them I run into Dave who was infact not looking for me but for Isabelle he had LOST her, the guy I had just talked to was apparently covering for Dave. Later I found out that he was not covering but mearly "not going to cause a mother to panic by telling her that her child was lost".. I guess I can appreciate that, kind of .. Luckily we quickly found her and she was fine, she had found a friend and was off playing with them. Ewww! Next event I am going to have to figure out some kind of solution to make the event fun for Isabelle without loosing her=)


Isabelle and Mak being partners in the candy corn toss game.. they were so cute =)

Trunk or Treating

Sorry for the bad pictures I took the crappy camera instead of the good one.

No comments: