Sunday, November 1, 2009

SUMC Trunk or Treat and Blood Drive

Last Sunday we went to the Trunk or Treat and Blood Drive at our church. We had a great time but Isabelle for some reason is going through this shy, timid, everything is dangerous stage in her life. I am not really sure what is up with her but I am hoping that it passes quickly. She has been like this for a few weeks now but the first evidence of the day was on the train at Trunk or Treat. Isabelle was so excited to go, waited her turn in line, jumped in and then all of the sudden she decided that she had to go potty and did not want to ride. She really didn't have to go potty that was just her excuse for getting out.. At least I captured a good picture of her before she got out so it appears as if she rode =) She did however jump on the saddle at one of the Trunk or Treaters cars and pretend to ride the horse.

After the TorT Dave and I decided to go donate blood, now that was the experience of the day... I want it to be known that I am not scared of needles, I am not a wimp, nor do I mind giving blood. After I was done giving blood that blood sucker (I mean worker) as me if I was ok and I told her that I was feeling a little light headed. She calls Dave over to bring me some juice and Dave later told me that I was as white as a sheet. After I drank the juice I told her I was feeling a tiny bit nauseous (HUGE mistake do not ever do this). Next thing you know the technician is lifting up my shirt to put a cold rag under my shirt on my head, and throws a enormous red trash can in front of me to throw up in. I told her I was no where near throwing up but she insisted that I hold it, I was so embarrassed! Then she wants me to take off my sweater, I had to draw the line there and insist that I was going to be fine.. I don't know why I got so lightheaded but I was so embarrassed, hopefully someone will end up using the blood I donated that way it will all be worth it. The funny part is that about 2 minutes before all of that happened Dave had just sent Isabelle over to say, "Mommy are you flat lining" little did they know I was.. LOL

No comments: