Sunday, November 1, 2009

Crafts, crafts and more crafts =)

I have been working on getting my new room organized all day today and I am in desperate need of a break. You know when you stare at things to long, you have rearranged them a million different ways, and you suddenly become overwhelmed.. that's me right now! So while Dave is researching all of the possibilities of what could be wrong with our dishwasher on the internet (did I mention it broke.. urghh, just another reason I am overwhelmed right now), I am going to take the time to catch up on my blog a little =)

The past couple of weeks in the Wink house have been somewhat of a blur, we have been going non-stop. Among all of the things that we do here one of Isabelle and my favorite things to do is craft projects! I am blessed to have a daughter that loves to do craft projects, she is definitely her mother's child. I cannot wait until she gets old enough to learn to sew, we are going to have so much fun. I even saved her my old machine so that when that joyous day comes I can pass it on to her, I get so giddy just thinking about it =) Focus Erica, focus... So anyhow I have been dying to make a Fall wreath but just have not gotten around to it. Of course when I bring it up to Dave he says, "do people really do Fall wreaths??" Of course they do, so the last time we drove through the neighborhood I was happy to point out all of the wreaths on the neighbors doors and wha-la I have now finished my first Fall wreath...

(Isabelle just had to be in the picture with her piece of candy.. LOL) Now there are a couple of things wrong with the picture. First, my door looks pitiful and really needs to be restained (on my to do list), second the picture does not show all of the sparkliness (if that's a word) of the wreath, third thing is that the darn wreath will not stay on my door. What the heck, by the time I come up with a solution it will be time to hang up a Christmas wreath!! I first bought a suction cup to hang it up with and because of the drastic temperature changes it kept falling off. Then I bought a hook but because of the grooves on the door it makes the wreath stick out 4 inches from the door. So now, when I get a chance I am going to go buy one of the magnetic wreath hangers. I hope this works because I am tired of seeing all of that hard work just laying on the dining room table.

The other craft projects Isabelle and I did were decorating the Halloween gingerbread house and decorating our Halloween tree. Yes I said Halloween tree, laugh if you must Isabelle and I like to be festive. Sad to say that this week it is being redecorated from a Halloween tree to a Fall tree.

Again the picture does not do the tree justice, it looks a lot better in person. As for the gingerbread house, Wilton has now made me do one for every single holiday! Since our first gingerbread house last Christmas Wilton has started to come out with Easter houses, Halloween houses, etc.. Of course Isabelle has to do them all, just can't wait to see what they are going to come out with for Valentine's day, cupid's crib??

No comments: