Monday, March 1, 2010

The Day After Christmas

So it has been 3 months (to the day) since my last blog post, ridiculous I know! I am not going to make any more promises about the frequency of the post to come, because obviously I cannot live up to that promise. However, today between loads of laundry, dishwasher loads, making a grocery list, entertaining Isabelle, and cooking lunch I am going to try and catch up a little.

I left off on Christmas day, so lets pick up there... The day after Christmas Dave, Isabelle and I made our rounds around town to see family. First stop was Meme's house and we had a great time! Naturally the kids were so excited to open presents:
Poor Conner was so excited on Christmas when he thought he got a Tag reader, come to find out he didn't get the reader all he got was the books (small misunderstanding). He was so disappointed when he found out that he did not have a Tag pen. Dave and I heard on the way to Meme's house so we had to stop by Wal-Mart on the way and get him a Tag, poor guy. When he opened it his first question was, "does it have a pen". So sweet =)

Shane helping Collin open his presents and Ashley helping Isabelle, what good Aunts and Uncles they make.

After Meme's house we went to what Isabelle calls "regular Grandma" house. (That would be my mom, she calls her regular Grandma and calls my moms mom real Grandma) Grandma gave her one of the gifts that she has been dying to have a doll that poops and pees for real! When she opened it she was so excited and announced that it "real blinks" while blinking her eyes rather hard. So I introduce to you, Isabelle's first pooping and peeing baby now known as Caroline:

She has to be one of the scariest looking babies, but like all mothers Isabelle loves her anyway =)

For dinner at Grandma's we ate lasagna and I was worried that Isabelle might make a disaster of her white outfit so Isabelle put on one of Grandma's Olive Garden shirts. It was quite big on her so after some accessories courtesy of mom she was styling while she ate dinner.

Isabelle in her Cowboys cheerleader costume courtesy of Nana and Pops who do not want their granddaughter to choose her Daddy's team, the Redskins!

No comments: