Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas Day was as perfect as it could be, we woke Isabelle up around 8:00 (I still cannot see how the kid could sleep so late on Christmas, if it were up to me which apparently it is not DAVE we would have been up by 6:00 at the latest). After she finally got up we watched her open all of her presents and then we opened ours with Dave's sister and brother-in-law who were in from Borger, TX to visit. One of the best things about this Christmas was pretty successful at keeping Dave's Christmas present a secret. First of all I LOVE Christmas and so when I get someone something I am pretty sure they are going to love I want them to open it right then and there. This year I decided that I was not going to even risk Dave finding out what he was going to get for Christmas so I did all of my shopping without Isabelle, and never mentioned to her what I bought him. Dave's mom had asked us if we wanted a Wii for Christmas and we had been discussing it but decided against it. Then Dave kept talking about it so I knew that he secretly wanted one, I had already bought him an electric razor so instead I took it back and bought the Wii. Well I guess Isabelle over heard me on the phone talking about the razor (after I had already taken it back) and one night at dinner she accidentally let it slip that I had bought him one. This worked incredibly well in my favor because he bought it, so for weeks he was under the impression that he knew what he was getting and who am I to tell him he was wrong.. he he he The bad thing about Dave (and his Dad for that matter) is they are awesome gift guessers, you can give him the present completely wrapped and he knows what it is, ridiculous!! So on Christmas day he had no idea, I handed him the present and of course he knew it was no razor, urghhh! It took him a few minutes to guess but he finally did, I still consider this to be a success on my part seeing as how he made it all the way to Christmas day before even the slightest hint of what it could be.. YEAH! Oh yeah, then his dad comes over and is opening his gifts. Holds one of the gifts we got him and within 30 seconds announces that it is probably apple butte.. what the heck, this has to be some freakish ability!! I can see him guessing jelly or something like that since he can apparently tell it is a jar but how in the world does someone guess apple butter and actually get it right?? WHATEVER!

Jesus birthday cake- This cake was made in loving memory of the late Mom Mom Wink, I tried to duplicate her cake but it was a little dry. I will try again for Dave's birthday!

Isabelle opening her Santa gift- a pink leapster

Dave loves funny shirts so I had these made especially for him. The first one says "No I will not fix your computer", because everyone asks.. LOL He does not mind fixing peoples computer but I thought it was pretty funny. The other shirt we saw in Ocean City this summer and it says D.A.D.D. Dads against daughters dating

I had to show a picture of our tree, it is so big we have no where to put it. The angel is touching the ceiling, so it looks like it is wedged into this spot as if it is holding up the entire house. LOL
Isabelle finally got a robe and slippers for Christmas, she has been dying for a robe like Mommy =)

Her new Cinderella outfit, completely with a crown and "glass slippers", as she takes her princess bow

Mommy and Isabelle both got new purses for Christmas, Isabelle's just does not have a signature C.. he he he! -Alright the Jesus in the box, there is a story behind this one. If you promise not to judge I will tell you the story, but if you are going to judge stop reading now. First I would like to say that we are in no way making fun of Jesus this is just a gag gift that has been in the family for the last 4 years. 4 years ago my sister-in-law, Melissa, and I were at Walmart after Christmas looking for deals and we saw this Jesus figurine. We found it a little funny and tacky and so Melissa bought it and put it on our mantle to see if Dave would notice as a joke. Well of course he noticed and thought it was crazy and so the very next year we wrapped it up and gave it to Melissa as a gag Christmas gift. Last year Melissa decided to take it to a whole new level and so she made a cookie jar out of it and gave it back to us for Christmas. We then had to lay out some rules for Jesus, you have to give him back each year so we rotate, you cannot permanently affix him to anything, and you can in no way destroy Jesus. So this year Dave and I went all out, oh yeah we got them good. We put Jesus in a box and made him pop out of the box with a spring, but it doesn't stop there when he pops out the box sings the Hallelujah Chorus. It was awesome! I cannot wait to see what Brandon and Melissa come up with next year, and I am honestly a little scared =)

No comments: