Sunday, January 18, 2009

Isabel Audrey Wink



I am sad to say that last week Dave's grandmother (Isabel aka Mom Mom from way up high), passed away. She lived a very long and wonderful life, and died at the ripe old age of 91!I can only hope to live as long as she did. Dave, his father, and uncle moved Mom Mom from Baltimore to Dallas about three years ago, and let me tell you she was kicking and screaming. Despite what she thought, it was absolutely the best thing for her. She was able to spend much more time with her children, grandchildren, and even great grandchildren. Isabelle was always so excited to visit Mom Mom from way up high! On on last visit Isabelle hopped in the wheel chair with Mom Mom while her other Mom Mom (Dave's mom) pushed the two of them around the home. Isabelle sang songs to Mom Mom as they rode around, and even scooped out some birds. Anytime that Isabelle heard that someone was going to visit Mom Mom she would remind that person to make sure that Mom Mom had on her oxygen, she was always so worried about her.

It still amazes me that on Christmas day Mom Mom was visiting with all of us, and a few weeks later she is gone. She was a very proud and strong woman, and will be missed tremendously.

Dave and spent last week in Baltimore with family. I am sure that Mom Mom was looking down on us, laughing because she was back home in Baltimore! The viewings were on Wednesday and Thursday, followed by the funeral on Friday. I am glad that I was able to attend because it gave me a wonderful opportunity to meet many family members that I hear so much about but have never met.

The weather was absolutely FREEZING! The worst day of all was the funeral, the temperature was 11 degrees with 20 mph winds! I could actually feel my eyeballs freezing inside of my head, and my face was getting freezer burn! It was cold, bone chilling cold, I think the blood in my body started to freeze! As cold as it was it was all worth it to pay our respects to such a wonderful lady.

We love you and miss you Mom Mom, thank you for all of the wonderful memories!

1 comment:

The Daily Stroll said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss in your family! It sounds like she lived a wonderful life. Knowing that seems to make it a little easier but never the less it's hard to lose someone you love and are so close to. We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers!