Friday, April 16, 2010

The Painting Blues

I have started my "nesting phase" early with this pregnancy, don't know if it is because it is baby #2 and I know I am not going to have as much time to do things or what but I am driving myself crazy trying to get all kinds of things done before Baby Davie gets here. One of the big things on my two list (besides updating the blog-which will officially be updated after this post, yeah!) is to get the nursery painted, along with the front door, our bedroom (just needs a second coat) and the bathroom upstairs. I have been dreading all of this painting and now that I am 25 weeks along it is not a good idea to be climbing on ladders to paint, and god bless my wonderful husband but he was not blessed with a painters touch. Just take a look at the ceilings in the rooms that Dave and I painted by ourselves and you will see a little extra on the ceiling of many of the rooms where Dave lovingly left his mark.

So the past couple of weeks I have had about 5 different painters come in and give me quotes, we had complications with the original painter we choose so now we finally found someone. The trouble I have been having is choosing a paint color, what a nightmare! This has been the hardest decision ever and I am not sure why I am making it a big deal. The bathroom, door, and master bedroom have been a breeze but when it comes to Davie's room I am freaking out. I showed the painter the colors that I was thinking of and he quickly let me know that he would be happy to paint the walls any color I wanted but that I was going to hate the colors I chose once they were on the wall. I have had a million different opinions on what to do and am so lost that I finally broke down and hired a professional. I have a customer (I do her business cards) that is an interior designer, I figured it would be cheaper to pay her for her professional opinion than it would be for me to repaint the room when I absolutely hated it! So the final colors are a cream yellow on top and an orange on bottom. The two colors will be divided by a white chair, and hopefully will look fabulous. I am so nervous about this decision but it is done so please stay tuned, keep your fingers crossed, and say a little prayer for me..... Painting will begin on Monday!

No comments: