Saturday, April 12, 2008

The First Visit to the Dentist

They say that if you tell your child about going to the dentist and what to expect then they will not be as nervous when they get there. Well it works, because I was incredibly impressed with Isabelle's first visit to the dentist. Although I told her that the dentist is so much fun, I was scared to death at how she would react. From the moment we walked in the door all she would say is, "I want to see the dentist", so I had to keep telling her to wait her turn.

When it was finally her turn the assistant took us back to the office, sat down Isabelle at a table and told her to practice brushing on Al Gator. She had so much fun brushing his teeth, then I explained that the dentist would brush hers in the chair, so she should brush Al's in the chair. She sat in the chair unphased and brushed Al's teeth. The hygentist came in was able to brush her teeth with a toothbrush and even used the electric polisher. The dentist and hygentist were incredibly impressed, both said that kids her age never get in the chair much less them look in their mouth and use the electric polisher.

My baby is a big girl now!


No comments: