Monday, April 28, 2008

Stages of Isabelle

The Ugly Stage
Well Isabelle has started to attack innocent victims again, looks like I am going to have to take her in to get her rabies shot because she has started to bite again. I do not know what the girls problem is, I thought this stage had passed and then this weekend she bit three people. YES, 1, 2, 3.... I cannot believe it, not only did she bite people then she LIED about it to me. What the heck, where does a 2 year old learn to lie. When I try to talk to her about lying and what it means she thinks I am saying LION and starts to growl at me. How can I be mad at her, come on that is just cute?? Looks like we will be making a trip to the library to get a book on lying.

Pushing Mommy's Button Stage
Isabelle has been throwing trash on the floor lately, my very own litter bug. So I have been telling her for weeks now that she needs to give Mommy the trash or throw it away herself, not put it on the floor. Today she was eating a snack and when she was done she threw the trash on the floor. Here is how the conversation went,

Mommy- "Isabelle pick up your trash and throw it away, we do not throw trash on the floor"
Isabelle- "NO" (At this point I am thinking about slapping her but don't feel like that is the right thing to do)
Mommy- "Pick it up Isabelle"
Isabelle- "Nooooo Mommmmy" (Urgh!)
M- "Isabelle you have until I count to three to pickup that trash and put it in the trash can before you go straight to time out.. Do you understand me??"
I- She then looks at me with such a sweet smile and says, "I am sorry Mommy" picks up the trash and throws it away

YES! The score for the day is Mommy 1 vs. Isabelle 0.. I win for once, not bad for a Monday!

No comments: