Monday, April 14, 2008

We are officially ghetto!

As some of my readers may already know, Dave and my bed has been working on falling apart. All of the moving over the years has really played a toll on my bed and when we moved into this house it got a little worse. When we decided to paint the wall in my bedroom Dave and I decided that the bed would not last one more move and so we would paint around it. I know that is pretty ghetto, but no one has every really noticed so we were fine. It was not worth buying a whole new bed just to paint one wall.

I just mentioned to Dave yesterday that the bed seemed to be a little more creaky for the past week or so and that it was getting close to bitting it. Well tonight was the night!! I was sitting in bed working on my laptop, Dave climbed into bed and all of the sudden BAM the bed is a goner. All I could say was, "oh no my Christmas ornaments". (I store the glass ones under our bed, what a disaster) Thankfully no one was injured, including the ornaments.

So we are officially ghetto because I know have 3 2x4's wedged under my side of the bed to keep me off of the floor. Wonderful, I guess I am in the market for a new bed.



A sad farewell. We have been through some good times and some bad times, but you have always been there for me. I will never forget you. I can only hope that my next bed is as good as you are.

No comments: