Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's day! Dave and Isabelle snuck out of the house to get breakfast before I woke, which meant that I got to sleep in a little longer. After breakfast we went to church where Isabelle filled out a questionnaire (with help) on all of the things Mommy: (her answers in red)

My mom is 25 years old
My mom is a little bit tall
My mom has orange hair
My mom has blue eyes
My mom's favorite color is pink
My mom's favorite food is sandwiches
My mom smiles when she's happy
My mom like to clean up with me

After service we went to a new place up the road called Smashing Times, it is a really neat mosaic place. Dave brought us there to do a family art project, how sweet. We made a beautiful cross, once the grout is in I will take a picture and post it. We then had a nice lunch at new Mexican food place (which happens to be my real favorite food, not sandwiches.. lol). Before dinner that night Isabelle announced she was going to say a special mother's day prayer. She normally says the same prayer every night for dinner "God is great, God is good....", you know the one. Last night the prayer went like this, "I love God, I love Santa, and I love puzzles. Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Amen". I am not sure what that has to do with mother's day in her eyes, but it was still so sweet.

Thank you Dave and Isabelle for another special Mother's day, you two are good to me year round.

No comments: