Monday, May 11, 2009

Sewing, Sewing & more Sewing

I have to start by saying that my husband is the greatest and he must really love me. A few weeks ago I sent him an email hint that I really wanted a new sewing machine for mother's day that could also embroider. What I thought was a pipe dream became my reality last Monday. I am excited to say that I have a new sewing/embroidery machine.. YEAH!

I never knew all of the amazing features that some of the new machines have. I had an old Kenmore machine that was pretty basic, and as far as upgrades were concerned all that was on my "wish" list was a machine that has a clear bobbin holder. Awww, the simple things in life can sometimes make you so happy. I got way more than I bargained for! Not only did I get a clear bobbin but once it starts running low it beeps and displays a message that says "your bobbin is running low". I almost peed in my pants I was so excited! It has a ton of decorative stitches, 10 button holes, embroiders, and so much more.

I have been a sewing fool for the past week, here are a few of the projects that I got done last week:




(I made these hand towels for my mom for mothers day, I made a towel for my MIL but I forgot to take a picture of it). I embroidered little flowers on the apron of the dress that matches, so cute!

I cannot wait to get to the fabric store to start working on more projects! Dave has been dividing out the number of projects I make by the cost of the machine, so in no time the machine will have proven itself to be a good deal =) Thank you Dave and Isabelle you guys are the best.

No comments: