Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Abby Caddaby

This year for Halloween I decided that I was going to make Isabelle's costume. My dad thinks I am turning into Bree Van de Camp from Desperate Housewives with all of my baking, running the Social Committee, and sewing but whatever. So Isabelle and I (mainly me) decided that she would be Abby Caddaby for Halloween. I know, I know, who is Abby Caddaby? I have had three people ask me that already today, she is a puppet from Sesame Street. She is one of Elmo's best buddies. Back to the point, so I bought the fabric a few weeks ago but have been terrified to start because I have no pattern and I was not 100% sure I could pull this off.

So today I finally sat down and tackled the beast and I have to say I am pretty pleased. The outfit is far from flawless, so I wouldn't go marketing it yet but I think she looks so cute. She is still missing her purple and pink hair, as well as her wand but they are to come soon.



Dave thinks that I am insane. Right after I finished I just had to show someone my creation so I called my friend Jaime. Thank goodness Jaime and Kaitlyn were home so we walked over and showed off my little Abby Caddaby. I am not crazy Dave, just excited!

This is Abby

No comments: