Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Big Bed

Isabelle has reached another milestone in life, sleeping in a big bed. Dave and I have been talking to her for a little while about moving into the guest room and sleeping in a big bed. She has been a little reluctant but not completely against the idea. I have been waiting to decorate the room until she is a little more open to the idea. Well today at nap time she decided that she was ready and took her first nap ever in her Big Bed. Tonight when bedtime rolled around she decided that she wanted to sleep in the Big Bed. (We have always called Isabelle's toddler bed a Big GIRL Bed, so when we speak of the regular bed it is called only a Big Bed per Isabelle's request- I mean demand)

A flash from the past- I remember the first night that Isabelle ever slept in her own room, in her crib. She had been sleeping in a bassinet in our room for months and Dave was pushing to move her upstairs. As a mother I knew I would not be able to check to make sure she was till breathing every 30 minutes like I did when she was downstairs, so I was so sad. We took Isabelle up, changed her clothes, her diaper, and then swaddled her up as tight as could be. I asked Dave to take a picture of how sad Isabelle and I would be now that we weren't sleeping in the same room. As you can see she was thrilled, I was still sad. Tonight I asked for a picture of her in her Big Bed and it was like a flash back to the day that she spent her first night upstairs. What happened to my teeney, tiny, little baby =(


No comments: