Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our Anniversary


Wedding Day an a picture from our honeymoon in Jamaica

Today is Dave and my four year anniversary, I cannot believe that it has already been 4 years. So many wonderful things have happened to us that the years have just flown by.

To tell you a little about Dave and I, we met online. I know it is a little weird but hey Match.com really works =) We chatted online for over a month before we finally decided that we would meet. I was selling cars at Classic Chevrolet in and he was still working for Inovis. We decided that we would meet for drinks after I got off of work, so we met at Esparza's in downtown Grapevine. We ordered margaritas, and for those of you have been to Esparzas they have some seriously potenant margaritas made with Everclear. So we both order, finish our drinks and Dave asked if I would like another. I was already feeling a buzz but didn't want him to think I was a light weight so I said sure. After the second one I was incredibly buzzed, on the verge of drunk, when Dave asked if I would like another. What's a girl to do, you don't want to look bad so I said ok. Three margaritas later I was so drunk, and what I did not realize was that the margaritas on the rocks (which is what Dave was drinking) was nothing compared to their frozen ones. So I asked Dave if he wanted to go to the movies, thinking this might give me an opportunity to sober up. We go to the movies (Dave drove) and they were closed. Urghh! I ended up driving home (I know, I know bad choice hopefully Isabelle never reads this). Come to find out later Dave had 3 other dates that same week, but I was the lucky winner.

It didn't really take Dave and I very long to decide that we were the ones for each other. Our first date was August 21st and we were in engaged on March 1st. Dave was such a gentleman (as always) and asked for my dad's permission. We went and picked out rings together but Dave would not let me have mine until he could think of the perfect way to ask. I have no patients and so finally he gave in and proposed to me on bending knee right in the middle of the mall. It was so sweet, yet I am sure he was a little embarrased. When we went to the church and told our pastor that we wanted to get married and we planned on living together so that we could save for the wedding (rather than paying for an apartment and a house). Our pastor was completely against the idea and said that he would not marry us if we were living in sin, that was not the way to start a marriage. Dave being the most wonderful man in the world moved out of his house, I moved into his house, and he moved in with his parents. This was a long 7 months for us, but it was important for us to start out marriage off on the right track.

Our wedding was beautiful and everything that we both wanted. After the wedding we took off to Negril, Jamaica. We spent 7 days at Couples Swept Away in Negril, it was the most perfect honeymoon that we could have asked for. It is our dream to go back, we are shooting for our 10 year anniversary.

After being married we quickly built a house and started our family. It is amazing how quickly your life can change in the matter of a few years. We now have a beautiful daughter and wonderful marriage. Dave is the greatest dad and husband in the world, he has been a better man that I could have ever imaged. He is not only my husband but my best friend. He puts up with me when I am crying, when I am moody, and knows exactly what to say to turn it around for me. Dave is supports our family financially and emotionally. I can only hope that when Isabelle get's older (much older) that she can find a man that she loves as much as I love her dad, and a man that can be even half the man as Dave.

I love you Dave, Happy Anniversary.

2 comments:

The Daily Stroll said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jaime said...

Ahhh that was really sweet!!