Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What a week....

Here are some pictures of Isabelle decorating her pumpkins last week. I forgot to post them, but isn't she so funny! She really got a kick out of wearing the pieces herself.

WOW, what a week it has been so far! All I can say is that I am staying home tomorrow with nothing on the schedule!

Monday
Halloween party in the morning at Jaime and Kaitlyn's house. Followed by a screaming fit over taking a nap. A melt down from Mommy about having a house that always seems to be a mess. Clean house, and make dinner for Sandi (Dave's mom) who will be coming over to watch Isabelle while Dave and I are at a Home Owners Association board meeting. (Thank you Mom-Mom) Get home exhausted pass out

Thank goodness for tights, otherwise this could be a very revealing shot! Isabelle and Kaitlyn composing their own song.

It may not seem by this picture that she is thrilled with her pumpkins, but I promise she is. This picture was taken right before the nap melt down.

Tuesday
Jaime and Kaitlyn come over to play for the morning, and enjoy a nice fish stick lunch with them. Discovered Kaitlyn loves fish stick, got to love when you discover a new food that a 2 year old enjoys. Begin cleaning the house again, once again the cleaning never stops. Make a couple new Christmas card templates (check them out they are my site www.WorksofaWink.com). Miss Shady (Isabelle's preschool teacher from Primrose) came over for dinner and to watch Isabelle for us while Dave and I went to a neighbors house. (Thank you Miss Shady!!) Dave and I walk to a neighbors house for a fun filled night of Bunco, I know we are rebels! (It actually is fun, don't hate) Come home and make cupcakes to be decorated for tomorrow's party. Don't let me forget to mention that when we got home Isabelle had an accident (just potty) so we had to give her a bath (at 10pm) before putting her to bed. To top that off I start making cupcakes and realize that I do not have enough cupcake papers, so Dave has to run to Wal-Mart for me in the middle of the night. What a good husband I have..


Isabelle being silly, as usual

Wednesday
Wakeup at 6 am (not normal for me at all, hate the mornings) to decorate cupcakes. Host a party at the house for a play date group I started in the HOA. We had a great turn out and everyone really seemed to have fun. We made picture frames, and spider hand print pictures, ate and watched the kiddos play. Adult conversation, yeah! After everyone left I tried to convince Isabelle that it was nap time but it was not happening. Off to dance class, and then finally home for dinner. A lovely dinner of left-overs, what else can you expect I am exhausted!





I am hoping that I can convince Isabelle to stay in her jammies all day and relax around the house. Although I did open my big mouth on the way to dance and tell her that maybe we could go on a bike ride tomorrow. We will see if she remembers, I am sure she will =) It is amazing how she can remember that but she has a hard time remembering where her beloved toys belong.

We have had a great week so far, as exhausting as it has been. We have shared a lot of great time with old and new friends in the past few days.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Seriously - your cupcakes are amazing!! and I especially appreciate them after making my own this week! Worked so hard on them and a mess - although I guess that is what you get when you have a 2 year old for a helper :) hehe

The Daily Stroll said...

Those cupcakes look yummy! Much better than the batch of Halloween sugar cookies that I just tried to make! Did I mention I forgot to buy anything to decorate them with???

Anonymous said...

The cupcakes look REALLY good, Erica (: and Isabelle's costume is SO cute! I love it! It does look like a very busy but fun week for you (: That's good that you had fun.

Katheryn said...

These are adorable pictures