Friday, September 4, 2009

Conner's 6th Birthday

My nephew, Conner, had a birthday party a few weekends ago so I made him a cake. I have come to the conclusion that girls cakes are sooo much easier, I think it is a matter of motivation. With a girls cake they are so cute and pretty that I am excited about it, but I have to admit when Conner called and said he wanted a Pokemon cake I was not thrilled. I mean really, how in the world am I going to make a Pokemon cake cute and exciting. Not only did he want a cake, but he specifically asked for cakes and cupcakes. So here is what I made for him:


It is really hard to believe that Conner turned 6 years old! As we know kids grow up so fast, but I remember the day he was born. Funny enough the day after his birthday was Dave and I's first date, so his birthday is always like a little anniversary for us =) Conner is getting so big and is growing up to be a cute little man.

Isabelle with three generation so grandparents (my mom, my dad's mom, and my dad's mom's dad.. that hardly makes sense. My mom, my grandmother and my great grandfather)

Two of Conner's best birthday presents a bike from his Mom and Josh, and a BB gun from my grandfather. All I can think about it a Red Rider BB gun and "you're going to shoot your eye out".

Happy Birthday Conner, we love you!

No comments: