Friday, September 11, 2009

Isabelle's 1st day of School

It was inevitable, Isabelle is a big girl now. When I am complain about Isabelle getting bigger Dave always tells me that it is suppose to happen that way, but I want her to stay my baby forever =( Tuesday was a big day for us, Isabelle's first day of school. I was a little worried that she would be nervous and maybe even cry a little when we dropped her off, but who was I kidding she could not get rid of me fast enough. It started when we were at home and she said "come on dad let's go, bye mom". I explained to her that I was going to go with them to drop her off at school. Then she asked me what was I going to do all day. I told her I had a doctor appointment, then I had to go to Costo, and then I was coming home. She was nice enough to tell me that I was going to be "alllllll alone". You have to read it drawn out like that because that is how Iz said it, sure to express how alone I was going to be =( When we got to school she said bye to me at least 3 times before it was actually time for me leave, she is over needing Mommy.

Her class lets out at 2:00 and I arrived around 1:50 to pick her up, she was so mad that I picked her up early! Not only was she not sad to see me go but she was now mad when I picked her up. Now I have to be sure to leave my house no earlier than 1:50 or wait in the parking lot for her.. LOL

The matching blanket, nap mat and tote I made Isabelle for school. I am not thrilled with the fabric, but Isabelle loves it because it has two of her favorite nursery rhyme characters the Big Bad Wolf and the Gingerbread Man. (why she choose them I will never know)

No comments: