Friday, September 5, 2008

Locked Out!!

You learn something new everyday with a toddler and my lesson on Tuesday was... Don't walk out the front door without a house key!

We were selling our desk on Craigslist and so I was walking the guys who purchased it outside. Isabelle was inside sitting quietly on the couch (that should have given me a clue she was up to no good). I said bye to the new owners of our desk, walk back up to the front door to find out I had been locked out. I guess when I left Isabelle decided it would be funny to lock mommy out. So I peek through the door to see Isabelle sitting on the couch laughing and staring at me. Oh my gosh what do I do... Then it dawned on me that the garage door was open. Thank GOD that Dave took the motorcylce or the garage would have been locked, and thank God that the garage door opener was broken or I wouldn't have been able to get it open. Normally I would have been able to crawl through our dog door but I had locked Tootsie outside so she would not bug the guys moving the desk.

God was really watching over me that day, Isabelle would have been stuck in the house all by herself until Dave could get home with a key. That or imagine me trying to talk a 2.5 year old into unlocking the door. I think locking is a lot easier than unlocking, what a turd she is!

No comments: