Monday, September 1, 2008

The Saturday from H-E double hockey sticks!

Do you remember saying H-E double hockey sticks when you were little because you would get in trouble for saying Hell?? he, he,he

As you may have already read we are starting to potty train, and let me tell you Saturday (day 3 of potty training) was awful!! First we get the horrible news from our neighbors that their entire family was in a car wreck on Friday on the way home from Six Flags. They have three little girls and everyone in the car got really beat up. The brunt of the beating was one of the twins Abby who was care flighted away, is currently in a comma, two breaks in one arm, a bruised lung, and swelling on the brain. Luckily she is responding by squeezing hands on demand, etc. but still very, very, scary and horrible. Please keep her in your prayers, I believe she is about 9 years old.

Obviously nothing compares to the kind of day that my neighbors were having, thank God, but it was pretty bad. So Isabelle was doing great on the potty bare bottomed but you threw panties into the mix and that was a whole new story. I mean it is cute seeing a baby run around bare bottom, but the preciousness starts to run out and you begin to feel a bit uncomfortable. Especially the moments when she is spread eagle on the couch laying down with her babies. So I was bound and determined to get some panties on this girl.

She had accidents ALL DAY LONG! Once one of the accidents was over we decided that we would be brave and take Isabelle to Wal-Mart. We get there and of course Isabelle has to go pee-pee. I just want to say now that I am not a huge Wal-Mart fan, then to go to their filthy nasty bathroom.. OMG I thought I would die, but what do you do the girl has to "pee". I say pee with quotations because as many of your parents know, she didn't really have to pee she just wanted to check out the facilities. So I get her off the toilet, completely covered in cooties I am sure, and try to get the thought out of my mind that she is not contaminated. We wash the hands, get out to meet Dave, walk 50 steps and Isabelle has to "pee" again ! Urghh, I ask Dave to take her only hoping to get a break and he agrees. He walks into the bathroom and immediately comes out to say that all of the stalls in the mens bathrooms are taken. What the heck, how many people really need to poo at Wal-Mart!!! So I take her in AGAIN! Of course no pee-pee but now I am beginning to get dry hands from all of this hand scrubbing. We quickly pickup the things we need, and then Isabelle has to go pee in the back of the store now. This time Dave was able to take her. We finally get into the line and we are about to pay when Isabelle says she has to pee again!! That kid!! So I take her again, she walked in the stall took one smell and decided that she was ok it was too stinky. By the time I get back to the line Dave is asking me where my wallet is. We have no $$$!! Dave thought I had my wallet (so did I) so he didn't bring his. Now we have to drive all the way back home and come back..

Then Isabelle lays down for a nap and goes poopy in her pullup, which of course gets everywhere. We clean that up and head down stairs to make our weekly shopping list. While cutting my coupons I spill my drink all over the table only to recieve a lecture from Isabelle about how I need to be careful. Thank you Isabelle for the lecture!

I clean up that mess, head out to get an early start on my grocery shopping for the weekend only to realize that half of my Tom Thumb coupons are not good until 8/31.. Thank you so much early Sunday paper, urgghh!! So we go ahead and get our Kroger shopping out of the way, making plans to come back on Sunday to get Tom Thumb done. The whole time in Kroger Isabelle is telling us how she has to go potty but of course we are done with pretend potty are decide to redirect.

We finally get home with half of our grocery shopping done, unload the car and Dave drops a bag. What is in the bag you ask?? Eggs of course, so now we have lost 9 out of 12 of our eggs.

The only ray of hope we had was Isabelle finally made it to the potty right before bed with panties on, yeah!! Thank you God for helping us make it through a stressful Saturday.

No comments: