Monday, September 29, 2008

McKinney's 1st Oktoberfest

Last weekend was McKinney's first Oktoberfest and Isabelle was so excited. She has been watching John and Kate plus 8 a lot lately, and we told her that there would be animals there like on J&K+8. We knew there would be a petty zoo as well as horses and Isabelle was just beside herself in excitement. When we pulled into downtown McKinney the first thing she saw was a store that had horses painted all over the front windows.

I-Horsie Store
E-No Isabelle that is really a floor store that has horsies painted on the windows
I-Because why?
E- Because the owners like horses but they do not sell horses there
I-Because why?
E-Because horses like to be outside
I-Because why?
E- Because they have more room to run and play
I-Because why?
E-Because they like the sun and need exercise
I-Because why?
BECAUSE I SAID SOOO!

So after using the horses as bribery to gey Isabelle to eat her lunch she finally got to ride, she was so excited.




On a seperate note this week in Bible Study we talked about gratitude and different ways to express your gratitude for someone/something. I have to say that Isabelle's face, her smile, and her excitment are enough thank you for me. Sometimes that means more to me than words themselves. Just look at her, such sweetness!

No comments: