Monday, September 29, 2008

Why did I want her to start talking?

Do you ever wonder why you ever wanted your child to start walking? Was it because you wanted them to run away from you so that you could chase them.. Noooo Why did you want them to start talking? I have been asking myself this for a while now, and it seems to be an everyday question since we have entered the ,"because why" stage of life. Holy cow, how could a child have so many questions? and the bad thing is that she doesn't even care about my response she just wants to say "because why" again, and again, and again! So Dave and Isabelle were playing the because why game the other night until it got to the end, you know the end when you finally say ,"because I said so" and then she finally leaves you alone. Dave being the trickster flipped the script on Isabelle and started asking her, "because why" for everything. Until finally she said, "because I said so". I think we have set a new record for sounding like your parents, you know when you sound like your parents at 2.5 thats bad!

There are some upsides to talking don't get me wrong. Isabelle does say some pretty cute things. For example yesterday we were leacing for church and I asked Dave to grab me a "W-A-T-E-R" (I am sure most of you know what it is like to have to spell everything, if I don't Isabelle will want whatever it is I am asking for). So after I asked for the water, Isabelle said "Mommy get my P-R-S"!! LOL what the heck is a P-R-S you ask, I asked Isabelle the same question. It turns out it is her Penguin backpack. This just goes to show that you had better watch everything you say around her or she will repeat it and you could be very sorry, embarrassed or BOTH!

Something else that was so funny, we were in the car listening to Mr. Isaaac (he is a performer that used to sing at Isabelle's daycare when she went). Isabelle started on one of her talking tangents that you can only make out every other sentence but I kept hearing her say, "my chicken school". When she was done telling me her 5 minute story I asked her what her chicken school was, "you know my chicken school" was her responce. Then it finally dawned on me that her "chicken school" was Primrose (her old daycare). The chicken is really a rooster in their logo, I cannot believe that she would remember that!! It has been 7/8 months since she has been to Primrose, she amazes me everyday.



No comments: