Friday, January 1, 2010

Isabelle tries, tries again...

For some reason Isabelle has an aversion to writing her name, I am not sure why but for some reason she just does not want to do it. I know that she can, she has most of the letters down in the alphabet but for some reason she refuses. On this day Isabelle was going through the Toys R Us Big Book, you know the one you get before Christmas, and was circling all of the things that she was going to ask Santa for. Well she came across the doll section and circled three baby dolls in a roll. When I asked her why she circled all of the babies she said she really wanted a baby that pooped and peed and all three of these babies did that. I read the descriptions and only 2 out of the 3 babies pooped and peed, so he made a huge X threw the baby that didn't. Then she asked "mommy, how do you spell I changed my mind"? So I started to spell it for her, and she did REALLY well that is when I put my foot down and told her that she was going to spell her name. When she finally wrote it she was so tickled with herself, I knew that she could do it! We still struggle with getting her to do it on a regular basis but we are getting there, what a big girls she is =)

No comments: