Friday, January 1, 2010

Isabelle's thoughts on a new baby

Isabelle is incredibly excited about Mommy having a baby and of course she has all kinds of things to say about it. One night we were at dinner with Mom Mom, Dave's mom, and we were asking Isabelle what she wanted to name the babies if it were twins (this was before we knew there was only one baby) her reply was if it were twin boys then she would want to name them Son and Holy Spirit.. LOL I thought Sandy and I were going to die laughing and of course you can image what she said if it was triplet boys, we get the Holy Trinity- Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I wonder how this would go over when we introduced the triplets to the church!

Once we found out that it was only one baby she was a little upset but she is learning to cope =) She now has decided that if the baby is a girl that we are going to name the baby "Baby Isabelle" and she is going to change her name to Carolyn.

Then one night I was reading her a Bible story before bed, I had a feeling that the story (the way it was written) was going way over her head but boy was I ever wrong. Once I was done reading the story, we said our prayers and once we got to the part that says "God bless the baby in Mommy's belly", she announced that if it was a boy she would have to kill it. I took a double take asked her why she would do that and her answer was "because it says so in the Bible". Apparently the story did not go over her head at all, I read her the story of Moses and how the Pharaoh ordered all of the Israelite boys to be killed. Now she was under the impression that boys were bad and that the Bible says to kill them.. So we had a long talk about how that is not good and we do not kill people but of course that just led to "it was in the Bible, how could it be bad"?? Wow, what a discussion but I think I left it pretty good after all was said and done and she understood.

At a Christmas party a few weeks later Isabelle was playing with a little boy, he was probably 2 years old. They were sitting on an ottoman together and the little boy kept trying to push a tray off the table onto the floor, Isabelle told him numerous times to stop doing that. Finally after about 5 minutes of this she looked and Dave and I and announced , " Do you see why I don't want a baby brother, they are sooo bad". So it is now official Isabelle is hoping for a girl...LOL

Last funny baby story happened on Tuesday. Since finding out I am pregnant Isabelle is obsessed with some of the baby shows on the Discovery Health Channel. At first I was a little nervous about her watching them, but she is such an inquisitive child that I know this will probably help her to understand the whole process. She has so many questions and I know that she is bound to find out about the mystery of childbirth. I'm not about to have "the talk" with her, for all she knows God magically puts babies in your belly but she did/does have questions about how they come out that needed addressing. Anyway I guess she has picked up on the fact that some mom's smoke while pregnant, normally on the show I was pregnant and didn't know it. So the other day she asks me," Mommy will you please start smoking so that the baby will get here faster"? Of course I told her no, and she started to bed "please, please, please Mommy.. I want to know if it is a girl or boy and I can't wait any longer".. LOL After a long talk she agrees that smoking is not good for Mommy or baby =)

No comments: