Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mommy projects

My good friend, Jaime and I have decided that we want to start making some boutique type clothes for Isabelle and Kaitlyn. We have our very first sewing project tomorrow night! We are going to make both of the girls a spring/Easter dress and I have to say that I am soooo excited. I have already cut out all of my fabric and ironed all my hems in anticipation for tomorrow nights big project. I will keep you updated on the outcome.

Last week I decided to try out the art of appliqueing. Isabelle had a Rock N Roll theme at Little Gym this week so I decided that I would use this as my perfect opportunity to make an applique shirt. The shirt came out ok, and I was able to learn a lot from some of the mistakes I made. My next shirt should be awesome, I just have to figure out what I am going to do. I attached a picture of Isabelle wearing the shirt the night I made it. I tried getting a picture of her in it yesterday but she was to upset to do it (that will be another post). Yesterday she looked so cute in her jean skirt, black capri leggings, rock shirt with a white thermal underneath.

1 comment:

The Daily Stroll said...

Cute shirt! You might have to show me how to do this so I can attempt to make some cute stuff for Meredith! ;)