Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Electricity

Yesterday morning Isabelle was in the middle of watching her favorite TV show, Sid the Science Kid, when all of a sudden the power went out. She was so upset, but decided that if she just kept turning off and on the TV that it would eventually come on. I explained to her that the power was out and that would not work so maybe we should get dresses and head to gymnastics a little early. She then got upset that the lights wouldn't come on, again explained about the power and told her that it was light outside so we could see fine. I assured her we would be ok, but she was still compelled to go find her flash light. I headed upstairs to get her some clothes when I saw Isabelle headed toward the office. I yelled out, "If you are going to go play with your Computer Cool School it won't work, the power is off". You would have thought that I just killed her dog, all of sudden she screams in terror "NOOOOOOO, not my Cool School". I knew then that I had to get her out of the house and fast, she was melting down right before me. As we are getting dressed she says, "Mommy we need to find someone with power. Maybe they will have a little kid and they might have a Cool School I can play". LOL, How in the world would this kid live without electricity!

As we were pulling out of the driveway she assured me that if the power was not on by the time we got home that she would use her Handy Manny tools to fix it.

No comments: