Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Cue Things She Says

After lunch this afternoon I gave Isabelle some cantaloupe and I start putting away the dishes. Then I hear Isabelle singing:

"Rock a by Cantaloupe , in the tree top.."

The cantaloupe is cut into little wedges so I guess she deiced to rock it to sleep. What an imagination.

____________________________________________________

Yesterday's conversation with Isabelle:
Mommy- "Isabelle I think we should surprise Daddy and mow the lawn, what do you think?
Isabelle- "YEAH" (Pure excitement)
M- "Are you going to help Mommy?"
I- "Noooooo"
M-"Why not"
I- "Scccaaarreeedd"

So Isabelle is scared of the lawn mower, and despite how many times I tell her that the lawn mower is just noisy that it will not hurt you she doesn't believe me. It was cute, but hard to get the cuteness to come off in a blog post. I guess my Dad was right all those years, "it is not what you said, it is the way you said it". (The way I said it was apparently always very sarcastic and got me in trouble). Needless to say I had to mow the lawn by myself, and it was not as big of a suprise as I thought it would be because I could not figure out how to get the darn thing started. I eventually had to call Dave, tell him what I was up to so that he could tell me how to start the lawnmower. By the way, for those of you in the lawn mower market do not spend the money for the turn key start, it does not work!

No comments: