Monday, May 26, 2008

To the Park We Go

Three day weekends are the best, that does not change even when you don't have a "job". Isabelle and I were so excited to have Daddy home for three whole days. We have had a great weekend already, and still have one more day to go.

Our weekend started with Daddy making pancakes while Isabelle and I watched. Isabelle loves, loves, loves her pancakes. Like mother like daughter, my favorite restraunt is IHOP; I know that many of you will think I am crazy but I don't care. IHOP is awesome! So when you ask Isabelle what she wants to do today, or what she wants for dinner she will reply with, "pancakes"!! That's my girl.

After pancakes we decided to go to the park as a family, we even included the mutt ball (also known as Tootsie). I think of all us Tootsie was the most excited about the park, she does not get out much. We played on the swings for a while, fed the ducks, and took a little walk. One thing I have learned about ducks on this adventure is bread is not as appealing to them when it it being chunked at them by a toddler. Weird! Needless to say Mommy was the one drawing the ducks in with gentle tosses of tiny pieces of bread, while Miss Isabelle was scaring them away with her not so gently hurling of food. When you add Tootsie into the mix (who just wants to eat the ducks) you could be assured that our family was not drawing in ducks in droves.

Look I am in ANOTHER picture, that is two pictures in a two week time frame.

After the park we came home and took a "nap". I say "nap" because all of the sudden Isabelle is to big for naps, why I don't know? What I do know is that this better be a phase because Mommy is not ready for Isabelle to give up naps. She has not taken a nap in 3 days now, she will just sit in her room talk, sing a little, read her favorite book (PB Bear Goes Night Night).. Whatever it takes to stay awake is what she will do, go to sleep little girl!!

Anyhow, after the "nap" Daddy and Isabelle decided that it would be a good idea to go to the motorcycle store. Isabelle (and Daddy) love motorcycles, but no we are not going to be getting one. Isabelle's favorite part is touching them and sitting on them. We took a picture of the one that Dave is convinced we will be getting Isabelle when she is 5, yeah right! (Don't tell Dave I said that, I am just going on with this charade until the time comes. As you learn when you become a mom you must pick your battles!)

Our final adventure for the day was the sprinkler that we bought Isabelle. I cannot believe how hard it is to find a sprinkler now a days so we had to settle for a wiggly hose. Isabelle was a little afraid at first but after Mommy and Daddy ran through it a couple of times she began to warm up a little. Toward the end of the day she would actually drink out of the hose, it was really cute. Despite her best efforts she could not get Tootsie to join her.

1 comment:

The Daily Stroll said...

uh-oh! jonah likes motorcycles too! did he acquire this appreciation for them from miss isabelle?? ;) she is too cute! looks like you guys had a great weekend!