Saturday, May 17, 2008

What a week

Well it has been a week to remember for me and my family, as I am sure most of you know. There are a few random things that I left out of my blog this week that I want to share with you.

**Profanity alert, sorry wont's happen again (hopefully)** First, as you know Isabelle went to the hospital this week and it was truly a nightmare for me. Not only is my sweet baby sick, now she is going to the hospital and I am having withdrawals from Effexor. The main action I dread of taking Isabelle to the hospital is having to hear her scream while she is getting her IV. The dreaded time finally comes and the pediatric nurse lays everything out on the table to get ready for the IV, before we have to lay Isabelle down (smart thinking). All we need now is the head nurse (Connie, who later become Connie the Heartless Bitch to me) to come in and aid in the IV. Connie finally gets there and then Dave, Stacy (pedi nurse), Connie (Heartless Bitch Nurse), and myself all hold down Isabelle. ... Wait, before I tell you what happens let me give you a little history lesson. When Isabelle was about 2-3 months old we had to have an upper GI done on her. As you know an infant is not going to lay still for you on the table so what they did was tie Isabelle's hands over her head with a pillowcase, as well as tie her feet down. Ever since this day Isabelle REFUSES to lay down at the doctors office. She will do anything else you want, look her ears, stand on the scale, take her temp, even stick out her tongue, but WILL NOT lay on the table for any reason at all.... Ok so back to the story and Connie the HB (Heartless Bitch for short). So here is Isabelle laying on the table screaming because we are making her lay down and HB is taking her sweet precious time, as if she is deaf and cannot hear the blood curdling screams coming out of Isabelle's mouth, as well as blind because she cannot see how upset she is. All of a sudden a phone starts ringing, now just image yourself in HB's position- little girl on the table who has been throwing up all day, scared to death, screaming, bawling, held down by 4 people, dehydrated and wasting her last bit of bodily fluid on tears.... Would you answer the phone??? Connie the HB did!!! What?? At this point I am almost in tears because I am having to hold Isabelle down, she is in the hospital, still no Effexor for me (and Lord knows I need it now) and she answers the phone. Next thing you know, "Are you kidding me?" flies out of my mouth, then she proceeds to talk to the person saying things like, "how are you doing", "oh that great", blah, blah, blah.... Finally, I guess she gets that I am little frustrated, and maybe she finally noticed Isabelle was upset and tells the person on the other line, "can I call you back in a few seconds?". Words flying out of mouth again, "That would be a great idea!!". It took all that I had in me not to reach over that crib, snatch the phone out of her hand and beat the living sh*t out of her with it. What is this world coming to? I can guarantee you that McKinney Medical Center is going to hear from me. What a crappy hospital, if this is their "head nurse" I cannot believe what kind of standards that they have as far as patient care is concerned.

Another horrible thing happened this week, and you are all going to make fun of me but I do not care! Montel had his show finale, I cannot believe that the Montel show is gone forever =( Now I don't want you to think that I am some big talk show junkie, I actually cannot stand most of them but Montel is different. He is such a good person, really supports our troops, does great things for a lot people, and has a great heart. Montel, why are you leaving?? I am going to have to Google this later, but I am very upset about it.

Random Subject #3- How is it that the cost of living is going up (and I mean fast), but everyones pay remains the same?? I mean seriously folks we spent $81 dollars filling up with gas yesterday, OMG-anyone want to buy our truck?? Then the price of groceries, water, and everything for that matter goes up. Now, Dave calls and says that our health coverage is going way up. If being a Stay at Home Mom is the right thing to do, then why in the heck is it so complicated to make ends meat? Exxon can we please get a break, why don't you take some of your billions of dollars in profit and be generous for just a little while. I know that they are responsible ultimately for the price of gas going up which has an effect on EVERYTHING.

The Grocery Game- For anyone who is also having a big budget crunch, try www.TheGroceryGame.com this website is amazing. Basically, it is a service that you has you clip coupons and each week it tells you where the deals are and what coupons to buy. The idea it to build yourself a stock pile of things so that you spend less and less at the store. It really works! Dave and I a few weeks ago, bought breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week, food to have a party for about 20 people all for $95 (not to mention we added to our stock pile). We went to Kroger and had $125 in groceries, once they used all of our coupons and Kroger card we were down to $60. The rest we bought at Tom Thumb will still a significant savings. You should all really try it out, it is a lot of work but saves tons of money in the long run. If you visit the website you get a free trial (I believe 6 weeks), but be sure to use my email address as your referral erica.wink@gmail.com .

Our adventure to the mall this week had so many cute little stories:
  • We are at the mall shopping for a new outfit for one of her bears at Build a Bear. I started picking up some outfits and showing her when she yelled, "no, no, no, Mommy. Look, don't touch"- Good news is that she actually does listen to me sometimes, bad news is she hears me but is not practicing my orders
  • Still at the mall, we stop at Starbucks to get Mommy some coffee and I got a coffee cake for us to share. I am pushing her through the mall I asked her how her cake was and she said, " deeeeelicious, lucky, lucky, lucky day"- Where does she get this stuff.
  • She does the cutest thing while she is shopping, she picks up the outfits, brings them to me and says, "Cute Mommy".
  • Then we go to the dressing room and so that I can try on some clothes, every time I would try something on she would say, "that's cute Mommy", "I like that". Then she has to look under the stalls to see people. The worse part is while she is looking she says, "naked people, where are you?"- As you can image that is always a little embarrassing.
Isabelle is truly a joy, her and Dave our the loves of my life. How in the world is another baby going to stand up to these two?? When I get preggo, that baby is going to have some big shoes to fill.

No comments: