Sunday, May 11, 2008

Daddy goes out of town

Dave went out of town last week, and I have to say that Isabelle and I were busier than ever. We had the truck all to ourselves for the week, and by the time Dave got back I was ready to give up my freedom and hand him the keys. Both Isabelle and I were exhausted by the time Daddy got home.

On Monday we dropped Daddy off at the airport around 1, the headed over to Mamaw's and Papaw's house for a visit. My mom was going to come to come over and spend the night after she got off work, and so was by nephew Collin. Collin was at Mamaw's house so we decided just to take him home with us until Grandma got there. Isabelle was so cute the whole was home she was talking to Collin in a baby voice saying, "do you want to go to my house Collin? Do you want to play with my toys". It is hard to explain the tone of voice but the only thing that I can compare it to is when you are saying ga-ga-goo-goo to a baby, the tone of voice you use to say that is how Isabelle was talking. When we got home it was time for bed so I told Isabelle that Collin could sleep with her in her room if they were good and went right to sleep (I know that you are thinking I am crazy but it ended up working). I could hear Isabelle in her room telling Collin, "Collin quiet, it is night night time" as he tossed and turned. The next morning Grandma and I took the kids to McDonald's and then we went on a trip to IKEA. IKEA is Isabelle's favorite store because she can climb in the beds and play on all of the kids toys. (She even taught Collin her little routine.)- Sorry about the blurriness of the pictures, I need to get a better camera

McDonald Pictures

Collin and Isabelle thought it was so funny that they could see each other on each side of this plastic wall. They would laugh at one another and then run around switching places.

IKEA


I have got to get Isabelle one of these chairs, she thinks they are the best thing ever.

When we all got home, Grandma and I gave the kiddos baths. When they were done we started to clean the kitchen so we put the kiddos on the back porch to blow bubbles while we cleaned up. How redneck is that, two naked babies on the back porch blowing bubbles.. I love it.




On Wednesday Grandma left, and Isabelle and I went on a date. Yes a date! Isabelle and I met our new friends Jaime and Kaitlyn at McDonald's for some play time. We are both really excited about Jaime and Kaitlyn, they are currently building a new home in our subdivision about 3 streets away from us. We will finally have someone within walking distance to play with, yeah! Later we went to meet Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop at a party. Isabelle loves to go to parties!! Dr. Pepper/Snapple (where Sandy works) was celebrating their first day going public on the stock market with an employee party. I do not think that I have ever seen Isabelle eat so much junk; she had ice cream, cotton candy, a snow cone, chips, candy, and cookies!! They had a bounce house there but Isabelle is terrified of them for some reason, yet she was fine going down this slide...



I think I am going to sell this picture to Dr. Pepper, she could definately be the next Dr. Pepper spokes person. She is lovin her Pepper

She played on the playground for a while and then we decided to go because Isabelle got in trouble. She bit the Mommy, when is this stage going to end!!

On Thursday we planned for Daddy's arrival home, yeah!! Isabelle went to get her hair cut and I could have killed the lady. We normally take Isabelle to Sweet and Sassy to get her hair cut because they are so much fun, and I have never had a problem. The last time that we took her though was a different story, the lady ended up butchering Isabelle's hair and it was sooo crooked. I decided to give them another chance but that was a HUGE mistake. For some reason the people at Sweet and Sassy think I am speaking some foreign language, or they just choose to block me out. I told the woman, "trim a LITTLE off the back IF ANY" most people would assume that I did not want much off the back, they butchered her hair AGAIN!! That's it no more Sweet and Sassy, I don't care if they put stars on your cheek, glitter in your hair and spray you with a cotton candy smell THEY SUCK! (I almost cried)

On the way to the airport we decided to stop by The Avenue (AKA the Fat Chick Store) and get me a few new tops. I swear Isabelle was so bad that I just wanted to park the truck under a tree in the parking lot and cry, Terrible 2's are apparently here to stay. How could something so cute and cuddly be so evil?? Any why in the world do I want to double my trouble with another one, I guess I am a gluten for punishment. Thank you God, Dave is finally home and I have back up.

No comments: