Sunday, May 11, 2008

Effexor Withdrawls

If anyone ever tells you that they are on Effexor, thinking about taking it, or doctors recommend it tell them DON'T DO IT! I started taking this drug a little over a year ago because I could not stop grinding my teeth, and I was always very stressed out. If my doctor would have told me what the side effects are then I would have NEVER taken the drug. I would highly recommend before taking any drugs that you google the side effects.

I have been trying to get off of these dang pills for well over a month now, slowly lowering my dose every two weeks. Now I am off of the pills and having HORRIBLE symptoms. One of the worst is the brain shivers, yes I said brain shivers!! It is like there is some guy in your head hooking up jumper cables to your brain. I am incredibly emotional (I bawled over needing new flip flops today). My emotions are to the extreme with no rational medium. I am nauseas, tired, sweating hot, and then freezing cold.

Go to google if you are interested and google Effexor Withdrawals and see what it comes up... This my friends is a nasty, nasty, nasty, drug. I want to apologize for anything that I might say/do for the next few weeks; trust me it is the drugs and not me.

No comments: